My Stampin' UP! Site!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday Cooking Day!

Hubby usually leaves early Monday mornings, but he had a band get together, and left around 2:30 yesterday instead :( Which also meant....I had to GET COOKIN!
I am a major foodie. I LOVE FOOD, I love feeding people, I love the way food looks, I love how it tastes, I love the way people enjoy what I make. Every aspect. 
This is how I started my day.
Got the bacon baking in the toaster oven, tore up bread for a french toast bake, cleaned and cut strawberries, tossed in blueberries, and when it was time to serve that I cut up banana into each of our lil cups..of course topped with Redi-Whip *my boyz love this* warmed the syrup, and melted some butter. Topped the bake with powdered sugar. Our son said DANG This is like IHop! 

While we were enjoying our breakfast, I started boiling water for my home made mac n cheese, and got the grill pan ready for some pork chops. While all of that was cooking I washed up the dishes and pans from breakfast.  In two containers, I put green beans, a pork chop, and mac n cheese TADAAA!

I had done a beef roast in the crock on Saturday, to shred up for sandwiches and another meal for hubby. So I made mashed potatoes, and gravy with the juices from the crock. SO GOOD! Shredded up a bunch for our son to make beef n provalone sammies! He loves that. So two more containers for hubby had; beef, tatos, gravy, and corn. 

THEN! I made goulash! Noodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, basil thyme, sugar, onion celery. Two containers of that topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. Did up some garlic bread for him too. I did have 3 small glad bowls of fruit for him, it was so good!

I swear I will not have to cook at all this week for me or our son! I've a bunch of veggies to chop up for snacks is all. 

The best part is I cleaned as I went through all of this. The kitchen was SPOTLESS and hubby was packed for the week all by 11:30!! 

My FlyLady.net skills have really kicked in! I was very organized, and ready to tackle all of this cooking. So very happy knowing my hubby has yummies for his belly and it's healthy. 

hey guess what! I DON'T HAFTA COOK TODAY!!! Hheheheheheeee



No comments:

Post a Comment